"...we should pass over all biographies of 'the good and the great,' while we search carefully the slight records of wretches who died in prison, in Bedlam, or upon the gallows."
~Edgar Allan Poe

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Newspaper Clipping(s) of the Day, Bonus Edition

Illustrated Police News, May 29, 1897


Over at Twitter and Facebook earlier this afternoon, I found myself--God knows why--posting a series of stories about bicyclists getting the worst of encounters with various members of the animal kingdom.

Because yes, I'm just that anxious to avoid doing anything remotely productive with my life.

Anyway, I thought that while I was at it, I may as well post them here.  Why should my blog readers--all four of you--get off any easier than my FB friends or Twitter followers?

The normal weekly newspaper clippings--this round featuring a host of Fourth of July cautionary tales--will be posted tomorrow as usual.


1 comment:

  1. The cat survived being wedged into the front wheel of a moving bicycle? That particular cat is probably still alive somewhere...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Because no one gets to be rude and obnoxious around here except the author of this blog.